It is the most popular and talked about countertop, as each slab is characterized by its own rare colors and veining.
Granite is strong and can withstand high temperatures, cuts, abrasions, and scratches like no other material. Both polished and matte surfaces are completely resistant to stains as well.
- Resistant to heat
- Different colors and types available
- Very strong and durable
- Maintenance-free when treated with new seals.
- Affordable price
- Stone is porous and requires sealing to avoid stains.
- Can crack if stressed or improperly installed.
- Knives are quickly dulled by cutting on granite.
They are the durable option for a kitchen. It is resistant to stains and does not even need to be sealed. It is considered as a green choice because it is made out of waste stone.
- Remove stains with a scrub.
- Low maintenance
- Antimicrobial - no gaps, which means hygienic
- Heavy, can crack if not handled well.
- Cant take extreme heat, like a scorching pan on the counter.
- May fade when exposed to sunlight.