The old bricks and mortar are replaced with eco- friendly alternative construction materials like Aerocon bricks. Aerocon bricks are Autoclaved Aerated concrete (AAC) blocks made with a mixture of cement, fly ash, lime and water.
- The materials used in the production of these blocks are certified as green products and are environment friendly. They do not emit VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) which leads to environmental pollution.
- They are easy to install and can complete the construction procedure in a shorter span.
- Aerocon blocks acts as better substitutes for bricks and concrete with affordable prices.
- The aircrete (tiny air bubbles trapped) structure of Aerocon bricks results in light-weight blocks.
- Due to their closed cell structure, they provide excellent thermal insulation. They help interiors to remain cooler during summer and warmer during winter which aids the user to save electricity bills.
- Strength and durability
- Walls built with Aerocon bricks, with a minimum thickness of 100mm can resist fire for up to four hours which make them the safe choice in construction.
- The edges of the blocks allow easy workability and accurate dimensioning which makes it easy to cut, drill, nail and shape.
- Not many contractors and people are familiar with the product.
- The initial cost for the manufacturing plant is high compared to bricks.
ACC blocks is one of the certified green building material. It is reusable, non – toxic and recyclable. ACC offers great opportunities to increase the building quality and at the same time reduces costs at construction sites. Thus, it is an ideal alternative for brick and stone materials.