What are Aerocon Blocks?
Aerocon Blocks are the best substitute for environmentally unsustainable materials like clay bricks, hollow and concrete blocks. Also called AAC blocks means Autoclaved Aerated Concrete is now most commonly used for partition walls in building construction.
Many Architects nowadays prefer AAC blocks for the main reason, it does not add unnecessary weight to the building and gives a best plastering finish.
Other Major Advantages :
- Certified as Green Product. The materials used in the production of these blocks are certified as green products and are environment friendly. They do not emit VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) which leads to environmental pollution.
- Easy to install. They are easy to install and can complete the construction procedure in a shorter span.
- Aerocon blocks acts as better substitutes for bricks and concrete..
- The aircrete (tiny air bubbles trapped) structure of Aerocon bricks results in light-weight blocks.
- Due to their closed cell structure, they provide excellent thermal insulation. They help interiors to remain cooler during summer and warmer during winter which aids the user to save electricity bills.
- Strength and durability
- Walls built with Aerocon bricks, with a minimum thickness of 100mm can resist fire for up to four hours which make them the safe choice in construction.
- The edges of the blocks allow easy work-ability and accurate dimension which makes it easy to cut, drill, nail and shape.
- Not many contractors and people are familiar with the product.
- The initial cost for the manufacturing plant is high compared to bricks.
It is reusable, non – toxic and recyclable. ACC offers great opportunities to increase the building quality and at the same time reduces costs at construction sites. Thus, it is an ideal alternative for brick and stone materials.